Stripped is an album by The Rolling Stones released in November 1995 after the Voodoo Lounge Tour. It contains six live tracks and eight studio recordings. The live tracks were taken from four 1995 performances, at three small venues, and include a cover of Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone", which was the first single from the album.
Rolling Stones Records, Virgin, Virgin. 7243 8 41040 2 3, CDV2801. Stripped (CD, Album, RE, RM). Rolling Stones Records, Polydor.
Despite the odds, the Rolling Stones' Stripped held out great promise. Voodoo Lounge was an energized return to studio form for the Borg of rock & roll road shows. From that platform, the idea of taking it back to small clubs - live, lean, and pared-down without succumbing to the worn "unplugged" treadmill - seemed an inspired move.
The album title comes from the fact that these sessions and concerts were relatively stripped down compared to The Rolling Stones' arena shows. Several tracks include acoustic guitar, but there's also lots of electric guitar on here. Bassist Bill Wyman left the group in 1993, and in the video above you can see a young Darryl Jones holding down the low end. The Stones has a resurgence in the '90s with the Voodoo Lounge album, but this is still far from the height of their powers in the '60s and '70s. What you get with this material is classic songs performed with solid.
The original fourteen track album was issued post-Voodoo Lounge Tour and is a mixture of actual live performance and live-in-the-studio versions of some ‘Stones classics .
The Rolling Stones announced their Voodoo Lounge tour in New York City in May 1994, and two months later the record of the same name was released. A little over a week after the album came out, The Stones played one of their traditional warm up gigs, this one at the RPM Club in Toronto, and almost two weeks later the opening night of the full tour at Washington’s Robert F Kennedy Stadium. This was the first of three small theatre shows that were recorded and filmed with a view to including some of the material on the Stripped album. The 19th Century, former church building, had been a hippie squat during the Summer of Love and the following year opened as an entertainment venue for the young, soon attaining its status as a great gig, but a small one, as it has a capacity of under 2,000.
The Rolling Stones - Stripped (Live): scopri tutti i dettagli su Stripped (Live) e leggi la tracklist. Life (American Concert 1981) Stripped (Live) Tattoo You Undercover Voodoo Lounge The Rolling Stones Singles Box Set (1971-2006) Undercover (Remastered 2009) Jump Back - The Best of the Rolling Stones '71 - '93 (Remastered 2009) Shine a Light (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) Jump Back - The Best of the Rolling Stones 1971-1993 (Remastered) Made In the Shade Sucking In the Seventies (Remastered) Hot.
With its lack of gimmickry and a surplus of sweet Seventies soul, Stripped is almost an album for grown-ups. The sophisticated fare includes the torchy can’t-let-go number Walk Away, the sensual flamenco of Infatuation and Loving Me 4 Me, which is classic R&B make-out music. There are some misses, Lord knows: Fighter is a sterile foray into rock, and despite Lil’ Kim’s presence, the feminist anthem Can’t Hold Us Down is curiously lifeless.
Like A Rolling Stone 03. Angie 04. Dead Flowers 05. Live With Me 06. The Spider And The Fly 07. Shine A Light 08. Sweet Virginia. The Rolling Stones - Stripped Companon (Studio Outtakes + Live Tracks). Lossy Audio Bootlegs. 2. 11-24-2013 11:40 PM. The Rolling Stones Outtakes from the Stripped album.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Street Fighting Man||3:41|
|2||Like A Rolling Stone
Recorded By – Chris KimseyWritten-By – B. Dylan*
|3||Not Fade Away
Written-By – C. Hardin*, N. Petty*
|4||Shine A Light||4:38|
|5||The Spider And The Fly||3:28|
|8||Let It Bleed||4:15|
Recorded By – Chris Kimsey
|12||Love In Vain
Adapted By – M. Jagger/K. Richards*Words By – M. Jagger/K. Richards*
Written-By – W. Dixon*
|Video 2||Tumbling Dice|
|Video 3||Like A Rolling Stone
Written-By – Bob Dylan
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Benelux B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Promotone B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Promotour Productions Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Benelux B.V.
- Recorded At – Eurosound Mobile
- Recorded At – Toshiba EMI Studio
- Recorded At – Estúdios Valentim de Carvalho
- Recorded At – Paradiso Amsterdam
- Recorded At – L'Olympia
- Produced At – Aix Entertainment
- Mixed At – Mix This!
- Mastered At – Precision Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Swindon
- Pressed By – EMI Swindon
- Backing Vocals – Bernard Fowler, Chuck Leavell (tracks: 7, 9, 10, 13), Darryl Jones (tracks: 10), Lisa Fischer
- Bass Guitar – Darryl Jones
- Coordinator [i-Trax] – Ted Mico
- Design [i-Trax] – Mark Waldrep
- Design [Sleeve] – The Design Corporation
- Directed By [Interviews] – Jim Gable
- Drums – Charlie Watts
- Edited By [Digitally] – Ron Boustead
- Engineer [Assistant] – Henk van Helvoirt, Kazuaki Fujita, Peter Brandt, Rene Suydendorp, Ronnie Rivera, Sander Nagel
- Film Director – David Mallet
- Film Producer – Rocky Oldham
- Guitar – Ronnie Wood*
- Guitar, Vocals – Keith Richards
- Keyboards – Chuck Leavell (tracks: 7, 9, 10, 13)
- Maracas – Mick Jagger (tracks: 3)
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Bob Clearmountain
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Ryan Freeland
- Organ [B3] – Don Was (tracks: 4)
- Percussion – Bernard Fowler (tracks: 1, 8, 9)
- Photography By – Anton Corbijn
- Producer – Don Was, The Glimmer Twins
- Producer [i-Trax] – Mark Waldrep
- Recorded By – Ed Cherney (tracks: 1, 3-8, 10-14)
- Saxophone – Andy Snitzer, Bobby Keys
- Trombone – Michael Davis
- Trumpet – Kent Smith
- Vocals, Harmonica, Guitar – Mick Jagger
- Written-By – M. Jagger/K. Richards* (tracks: 1, 4-11, 13)
NotesAll tracks from performances at The Paradiso Club, Amsterdam, Holland; The Olympia Theatre, Paris, France; and rehearsals in Tokyo, Japan and Lisbon, Portugal.
[Details not found on release:
- Tracks 1 and 4 recorded live at the Paradiso Club, Amsterdam, Holland, on 26 May 1995.
- Tracks 2 and 9 recorded live at the Brixton Academy, London, England, on 19 July 1995.
- Tracks 8 and 11 recorded live at the Olympia Theatre, Paris, France, on 3 July 1995.
- Tracks 3, 6 and 13 recorded live at the Estadio Avalade, Lisbon, Portugal, from 23–26 July 1995.
- Tracks 5, 7, 10, 12 and 14 recorded live at the Tokyo Dome, Japan, from 3–5 March 1995.
Transparent jewel case. CD includes bonus video and interactive material.
℗ 1995 Virgin Records Benelux B.V. © 1995 Promotone B.V.
Printed in Italy [on tray insert]
Made in Italy [on CD label]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 24384 10402 3
- Rights Society: BIEM / S.I.A.E
- Label Code: LC3098
- Other (Cat # for UK): UK: CDV2801
- Other (Distribution Code France): F: PM 527
- Other (Distribution Code Italy): I:070
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 841040 2 . 3 EMI SWINDON
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Matrix / Runout: 841040 2 . 3 :1 : 3 EMI SWINDON
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L042
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2511
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2509
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 2508
|7243 8 41040 2 3, CDV2801||The Rolling Stones||Stripped (CD, Album, Enh)||Rolling Stones Records, Virgin, Virgin||7243 8 41040 2 3, CDV2801||UK & Europe||1995|
|0602557827033||The Rolling Stones||Stripped (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Rolling Stones Records, Polydor||0602557827033||France||2018|
|7243 8 41040 4 7, TCV 2801||The Rolling Stones||Stripped (Cass, Album)||Rolling Stones Records, Virgin, Virgin||7243 8 41040 4 7, TCV 2801||1995|
|0724384104047||The Rolling Stones||Stripped (Cass, Album)||Virgin||0724384104047||Indonesia||1995|
|7243 8 41040 1 6, V2801||The Rolling Stones||Stripped (2xLP, Album)||Rolling Stones Records, Virgin, Virgin||7243 8 41040 1 6, V2801||UK & Europe||1995|