Black Star Liners, True Rastaman (LP, Album). Black Star Liner (LP, Album, RE). Vista Sounds.
Stafford Elliot (born 1955), better known as Fred Locks, is a roots reggae singer best known for his mid-1970s single "Black Star Liners" and the album of the same name. Born in Kingston, Jamaica, Elliott grew up in a strict Catholic home in the Franklin Town area of the city, along with eleven brothers and sisters, moving to Eastern Kingston when he was ten. His father and older brother played the guitar; with his older brother accompanying Elliott's early singing efforts.
Album: Back to Africa, 2006. 1- Black Star Liners (Extended) 2- Vision Of Redemption 3- I've Got A Joy 4- Songs Of The Almighty 5- Sing-A-Long 6- True Rastaman 7- Don't Let Babylon Use You 8- Walls 9- Wolf Wolf 10- Time To Change. Has been played on. United States 9. TUN-IT-UP RADIO. 8. Kulcha Shok Muzik Radio.
Listen to Black Star Liner by Fred Locks on Deezer. Fred Locks 11-08-2006. Total duration:30 min. 01. Black Star Liner. 02. Vision Of Redemption. 03. I've Got A Joy. Fred Locks. 04. Songs Of The Almighty.
Black Star Liner (1976). was sampled in. Ganja Plant (Drum & Bass Mix) by Dread & the Bald Head (1994).
2. 3. 4. 7. Don't Let Babylon Use You.
Black Star Liner In Dub. Music Is My Calling. Listen to Black Star Liner now. Listen to Black Star Liner in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|A1||Black Star Liners||2:50|
|A2||Vision Of Redemption||3:03|
|A3||I've Got A Joy||3:54|
|A4||Songs Of The Almighty||2:56|
|B2||Don't Let Babylon Use You||2:52|
|B5||Time To Change||3:15|
- Recorded At – Randy's Studio
- Recorded At – Channel One Recording Studio
- Recorded At – Harry J's Recording Studio
- Designed At – Pig Pen Studio
- Mixed At – Treasure Isle Recording Studio
- Published By – Meter Music
- Backing Vocals – Anicia*, Sangie Davis*, C. McLear
- Bass – Junior Dan
- Bass, Arranged By [Musical] – Bagga Walker*
- Bongos – Duke "Glasses" Ferron*, Little D. Clue
- Drums – Albert Malawi
- Engineer [Mix] – Errol Brown
- Engineer [Recording] – E. Hookim*, E. Thompson*, S. Morris*
- Glockenspiel, Keyboards – Pablove Black*
- Horns – Lloyd Kerr*, Michael Carroll
- Lead Guitar – David Bryan, Howard "Patch" Roberts, Noel "Wow" Bailey*
- Lead Vocals – Fred Locks
- Mixed By, Arranged By [Musical, Background Vocal] – Sangie Davis*, Pablove Black*
- Percussion – Albert Malawi
- Producer – Jahlovemuzik, T. Cowan*
- Rhythm Guitar – Sangie Davis*, China*, Jah Jerry*
- Written-By – Stafford Elliot
NotesRecorded at Randys, Channel One & Harry J. Studios, Kingston, Jamaica
Mixed at Treasure Isle Studio
ONE COLOUR ORANGE LABEL , NOT GRADIENT. Same runout as Fred Locks - Black Star Liner, different colour label .
Other orange label is gradient on Fred Locks - Black Star Liner and runouts do not match.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: MPO VSLP 4007 A1
- Matrix / Runout: MPO VSLP 4007 B1
|VULA 502||Fred Locks||Black Star Liner / True Rastaman (LP, Album)||Vulcan||VULA 502||UK||1976|
|VPCT2037||Fred Locks||Black Star Liner (Cass, Album)||VP Records||VPCT2037||US||1995|
|VULA 502||Fred Locks||Black Star Liner / True Rastaman (LP, Album)||Vulcan||VULA 502||Canada||1980|
|VULA 502, none||Fred Locks||Black Star Liners / True Rastaman (LP, Album)||Vulcan, Top Ranking||VULA 502, none||Jamaica||Unknown|
|VSLP 4007||Fred Locks||Black Star Liner (LP, Album, RE)||Vista Sounds||VSLP 4007||UK||1995|