Paul Daniel "Ace" Frehley (/ˈfreɪli/; born April 27, 1951) is an American musician and songwriter best known as the original lead guitarist, occasional lead vocalist and co-founding member of the rock band Kiss. He invented the persona of The Spaceman (. Space Ace) and played with the group from its inception in 1973 until his departure in 1982. After leaving Kiss, Frehley embarked on a solo career, which was put on hold when he rejoined Kiss in 1996 for a highly successful reunion tour.
Frehley formed his solo band in 1984. He went on tour to perform his famous Kiss classics and some new material, which was recorded with his new band. The original Frehley's Comet lineup consisted of Ace Frehley (on lead, backup vocals and lead guitar), Richie Scarlet (on lead, backup vocals, lead and rhythm guitar), John Regan (on bass guitar and backup vocals), Arthur Stead (on keyboards), and Anton Fig (on drums). Anton Fig, who played drums on the album, also performed on Frehley's 1978 Kiss solo album, as well as Kiss's Dynasty and Unmasked albums
Ace Frehley/Frehley s Comet. Ace Frehley (Frehley s Comet,1987) – Into The Night (Russ Ballard Cover). ACE Frehley s Comet – Something Moved. Frehley s Comet – Fractured Too (Instrumental). Ace Frehley/Frehley s Comet – Love Me Right. Ace Frehley, Frehley s Comet – Outer Space. Ace Frehley (Frehley s Comet) – Fallen Angel. Ace Frehley – New Kind Of Lover.
Again regrouped with producer Eddie Kramer, Frehely's Comet is slightly disappointing. While several tracks are reminiscent of the Ace of old (the autobiographical "Rock Soldiers," the instrumental "Fractured Too," and "Breakout," the latter co-written with Kiss' Eric Carr), it lacks the fire power of his 1978 solo debut.
Frehley's Comet is the second solo release from Ace Frehley, former lead guitarist of Kiss. It was the first album Frehley released after leaving Kiss in 1982. Anton Fig, who played drums on the album, also performed on Frehley's 1978 Kiss solo album, as well as Kiss's Dynasty and Unmasked albums. Rock Soldiers (5:05) - Frehley/Taylor. Into The Night (4:12) - Ballard. Something Moved (4:02) - Howarth. We Got Your Rock (4:12) - Frehley/Kupersmith.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley, Chip Taylor
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley, Eric Carr, Richie Scarlett*
|A3||Into The Night
Words By, Music By – Russ Ballard
Words By, Music By – Tod Howarth
|A5||We Got Your Rock
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley, Marty Kupersmith
|B1||Love Me Right
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley, Ira Schickman
|B2||Calling To You
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley, Jim McClarty, Kevin Russell, Tod Howarth
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley
|B4||Stranger In A Strange Land
Words By, Music By – Ace Frehley
|B5||Fractured Too (Instrumental)
Music By – Ace Frehley, John Regan
- Recorded At – Right Track Recording
- Recorded At – Master Sound Astoria
- Recorded At – Sound Ideas Studios
- Recorded At – BearTracks Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Right Track Recording
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Produced For – Remarkable Productions Inc.
- Produced For – Ace In The Hole Productions
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Record Company – Warner Communications
- Published By – Ace In The Hole Publishing
- Published By – Back Road Music, Inc.
- Published By – The KISS Company
- Published By – Richie Scarlett
- Published By – April Music Inc.
- Published By – Russell Ballard Ltd.
- Published By – Todboy Tunes
- Published By – Komodo Music
- Published By – Nikki Sue Songs
- Published By – No Better Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Megaforce Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Art Direction – Bob Defrin
- Bass, Backing Vocals – John Regan
- Design [Logo] – Don Brautigam
- Drums, Percussion – Anton Fig
- Engineer – Chris Bubacz, Corky Staziak*, Eddie Kramer, Mario Rodriguez
- Executive-Producer – Jon Zazula
- Guitar [Guitar Army] – "Axeman" Aaron J. Sandus (tracks: A1), Chip Neault (tracks: A1), Don Chaffin (tracks: A1), Fred Clark (tracks: A1), George J. Pegula (tracks: A1), Harry Bott (tracks: A1), Joe Shavel (tracks: A1), Joe Tipaldo (tracks: A1), John B. Clarke (tracks: A1), John Milano (tracks: A1), Ken Smith (tracks: A1), Marc Morello (tracks: A1), Michael G. Pesta IV (tracks: A1), Mike Perrone (tracks: A1), Pat Varawo (tracks: A1), Paul Anderson (tracks: A1), Peter Collins (tracks: A1), Rockin' Rich Adams (tracks: A1), Rowland Elwell (tracks: A1), Stephen T. Doman (tracks: A1), Steve Plotkin (tracks: A1), Tommy Tedesco (tracks: A1)
- Guitar, Keyboards, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Tod Howarth
- Guitar, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Ace Frehley
- Management – Geoff Torrens
- Mastered By – George Marino
- Mixed By – Eddie Kramer, Scott Mabuchi
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Jeff Abikser*
- Musician [Additional], Vocals [Additional] – Chay Lentin, David Spinner, Frank Simms, Lara Kramer, Monique Frehley, Rob Sabino, Tom Ayers
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Ebet Roberts
- Photography By [Front Cover] – NASA
- Photography By [Inner Sleeve] – Ron Garrison
- Producer – Ace Frehley, Eddie Kramer
- Producer [Assistants] – John Regan, Tod Howarth
Notes℗ 1987 Megaforce Records, Inc © 1987 Atlantic Recording Corporation
Specialty Pressing with variant center labels from this release by same cat # which shows A Side matrix proximity to Atlantic logo, B Side "E A S T" stamped around spindle (indicating metalwork at Allied before sent to Specialty).
Variant catalog # and labels from this U.S. vinyl, and variant barcode from 2784681.
Custom inner sleeve contains lyrics and credits.
Rightrack Studio, NYC
Master Sound Studios, Astoria
Sound Ideas, NYC
Bear Tracks, Suffern, NY
Direct Metal Mastering
A1 - Ace In The Hole Publishing, ASCAP/Back Road Music, Inc., BMI
A2 - Ace In The Hole Publishing/The Kiss Co./Richie Scarlett ASCAP
A3 - April Music, Inc. ASCAP/Russell Ballard Ltd., PRS
A4 - Todboy Tunes, BMI
A5 - Ace In The Hole Publishing ACAP/Komodo Music, BMI
B2 - Todboy Tunes, BMI/Ace In The Hole Publishing, ASCAP/Nikki Sue Songs/No Better Music, BMI
B5 - Ace In The Hole Publishing/Hymoa? Publishing, ASCAP
B1, B3, B4 - Ace In The Hole Publishing ASCAP
1st catalog # spine; 2nd: labels
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Label): ST-A-876351-SP
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Label): ST-A-876352-SP
- Matrix / Runout (A Side Etch): STA-876351-DMM-A SP 1-1 STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (B Side Etch): STA-876352-DMM-A SP 1-9 STERLING
- Pressing Plant ID (Matrix Suffix): SP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Barcode (Print): 0 7567-81749-4 0
- Barcode (Scan; Format: UPC_A): 07567817490
|7 81749-2, 81749-2||Ace Frehley||Frehley's Comet (CD, Album)||Atlantic, Megaforce Worldwide, Atlantic, Megaforce Worldwide||7 81749-2, 81749-2||US||1987|
|81749-1, 7 81749-1||Ace Frehley||Frehley's Comet (LP, Album, Pro)||Megaforce Worldwide, Atlantic||81749-1, 7 81749-1||US||1987|
|81749-1||Ace Frehley||Frehley's Comet (LP, Album)||Atlantic||81749-1||Australia||1987|
|81749-1||Ace Frehley||Frehley's Comet (LP, Album, Club)||Atlantic, Megaforce Worldwide||81749-1||US||1987|
|P-13521||Ace Frehley||Frehley's Comet (LP, Album, Promo)||Megaforce Worldwide, Atlantic||P-13521||Japan||1987|