The fourth album release in the Secret Rhythms series by Burnt Friedman & Jaki Liebezeit results from a ten-year collaborative project encompassing live performances and studio sessions. What began as a rehearsal for a concert delivered at Cologne Triennale 2000 turned into a long-term exploration of the laws governing rhythm. Therefore, this fourth CD is based, like its predecessors, on a variety of rhythms seldom heard elsewhere.
The tempo of each track is listed on the sleeve next to its title as follows: 1 18. 2 12. 3 13. 6 4 5. 5 12. 6 7. . 18. 1 . 20.
Songs from Secret Rhythms by Burnt Friedman, Jaki Liebezeit. Free download and listen Secret Rhythms. Burnt Friedman, Jaki Liebezeit. Tracks count: 10. Views: 0. Jaki Liebezeit, Burnt Friedman - Rhein rauf 06:27. Jaki Liebezeit, Burnt Friedman - Rechter Winkel 04:23. Jaki Liebezeit, Burnt Friedman - Royal Roost 05:46.
t Burnt Friedman and drummer Jaki Liebezeit (a founding member of Krautrock innovators Can) have been working together since 2000 on musical projects that have gradually emerged as numbered releases under the title Secret Rhythms. The fourth volume in the series consists of six instrumental tracks ranging in length from four to nearly 16 minutes, all having random-looking numerical titles.
Ridiculously tasty, downtempo, dub-tinged future jazz from Bernd Friedmann (aka Nonplace Urban Field) and Jaki Liebezeit (. best known as drummer for the almighty Can. How music can be so chill yet so stimulating, I'll never know. Track listing: 1. Rhein Rauf 2. Rechter Winkel 3. Royal Roost 4. Secret Rhythms 5. Rastafahndung 6. Gulli Vereisen 7. Wirklich 8. Obscured by 5 9. Obscured by 5 (Nonplace Rmx) 10. Obscured by 5 (Extended). Before I die, I'm gonna. You'd probably also enjoy: Nicky Skopelitis - Ekstasis (1993). Jimi Tenor - Sähkömies (1994).
Jaki Liebezeit: It possibly incorporated many elements of this earth without featuring any specific elements.
- Published By – Freibank
- Published By – Nonplace
- Copyright (c) – Freibank
- Copyright (c) – Nonplace
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Freibank
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nonplace
- Bass Guitar – Daniel Schröter (tracks: 1)
- Drums – Jaki Liebezeit
- Electric Guitar [E - Guitar] – Tim Motzer (tracks: 6)
- Electric Guitar [Fuzz E] – Joseph Suchy (tracks: 1, 3)
- Flute, Saxophone – Hayden Chisholm (tracks: 5)
- Instruments [Other] – Burnt Friedman*
- Mastered By, Recorded By [Drums] – Rashad Becker
- Mixed By – Burnt Friedman* (tracks: 1, 3 to 5), B. Friedman* (tracks: 6), Mark Ernestus (tracks: 2), Rashad Becker (tracks: 6)
- Synth [Synths], Producer [Additional Production] – Mark Ernestus (tracks: 2)
- Written-By – Friedman/Liebezeit*, Ernestus* (tracks: 2)
NotesIn digipak case with booklet.
c + p Freibank / Nonplace 2010.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 673790027375
- Label Code: LC10909
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Matrix / Runout: Sony DADC A0101718105-0101 15 A00
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94W4