In Sides is the fourth album by British electronic group Orbital, released in the UK on Internal on 29 April 1996. The album's title is a reference to the fact that the original vinyl LP release of the album was as a 3-LP vinyl box set, with one track per side of each disc. In Sides saw the band continue the process, begun on their previous album Snivilisation, of moving away from making music for the rave scene towards more intricately crafted melodies and reflective, downtempo tracks.
In Sides isn't Orbital's best album, or their most accomplished, but it is the most definitive. It pulses with the energy of the debut, the lush flow of the second, and the conceptual theme of Snivilisation. The focus this time, though, is ecology. The Girl With the Sun in Her Head" was recorded on a Greenpeace bus using only solar power, and "Dwr Budr" (Welsh for "dirty water") also criticizes the misuse of natural resources
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве. 1. The Girl with the Sun in Her Head.
Released April 29, 1996. The Girl with the Sun in Her Head Lyrics.
By: Orbital (1996, Electronic). Live At O2 Apollo Manchester . 2. Live At Eventim Hammersmith Apollo . Monsters Exist by Orbital. The Altogether by Orbital. Event Horizon (Selections From The Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Orbital. View all albums . In Sides. By: Orbital (1996, Electronic).
In Sides is the fourth album recorded by Orbital, released in 1996. The track was recorded using electricity from a Greenpeace solar power generator.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Girl With The Sun In Her Head||10:26|
|3||The Box (Part One)||6:28|
|4||The Box (Part Two)||5:58|
|7||Out There Somewhere? (Part One)||10:42|
|8||Out There Somewhere? (Part Two)||13:26|
Arranged By – P&P HartnollWritten-By – E. Astley*
- Copyright (c) – London Records 90 Ltd.
- Marketed By – Barclay
- Marketed By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – FFRR Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – FFRR Records Ltd.
- Published By – Robbins Music Corp. Ltd.
- Made By – UNIVERSAL M & L, UK
- Artwork [Collage Artists] – Foul End Trauma
- Artwork [Cover Artist] – John Greenwood
- Artwork [Mags Sauced @] – Studio Ranchero
- Design – Fultano Mauder '96*
- Drums [Drumming] – Clune
- Lacquer Cut By [Cut By] – Kevin Metcalfe
- Vocals – Auntie
- Written-By, Producer – P&P Hartnoll
NotesWith bonus track "The Saint".
℗ 1996 FFRR
© 1996 FRRR
℗ 1997 FFRR (Track 9)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 42282 8812 9
- Barcode (String): 04228288129
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Label Code: LC 7654
- Price Code: PY 873
- Matrix / Runout: TRCDR10 03 %
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L132
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0487
- Matrix / Runout (Mould Text): MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M & L
|828 763-2, TRUCD10, TRUCD 10||Orbital||In Sides (CD, Album)||Internal, Internal, Internal||828 763-2, TRUCD10, TRUCD 10||Europe||1996|
|697-1240129-2||Orbital||In Sides (2xCDr, Album, Unofficial)||Internal , FFRR||697-1240129-2||Russia||Unknown|
|828 763-2, TRUCD 10, TRUCD10||Orbital||In Sides (CD, Album)||Internal, Internal, Internal||828 763-2, TRUCD 10, TRUCD10||Europe||1996|
|POCD-1252/3||Orbital||In Sides +5 (CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp)||Internal, FFRR, London Records||POCD-1252/3||Japan||1997|
|POCD1225/6||Orbital||In Sides (CD, Album)||Internal||POCD1225/6||Japan||1996|